I’m not doing a detox of food and drink at the current time. That will come in March. Currently, I am doing a detox of spending. I guess I can say like a bajillion other people.
Since Christmas I haven’t purchased anything not needed. Actually, I haven’t purchased anything but food and gas. Oh and I have paid bills – now that is a true fun time, right? Meh.
To build upon this I have even made a detox schedule for the first and into the second quarter 2017.
January-March 30th Money Detox
- No excess spending – We have everything we need y’all. Those kids don’t need another stitch of clothing (maybe some socks though ha!). The husband and I sure do not need anything. We’re good as gravy and blessed as can be. I’m not taking out the idea of date night – we need those but I will be a bit more frugal about our date nights (maybe take out and Netflix). I had to make a few concessions here including Valentine’s for the kids’ classmates and registration and prep for spring sports (both kids are doing soccer this spring.)
- Complete focus on bill pay – Christmas left us with a bit more debt than I planned for so it is the focus of what I’m paying off in early 2017. See ya later, Christmas.
- Debt reduction which is totally what that second bullet is. I guess I felt the need to keep the bullet at three ha!
March 1 – April 16th Nutrition Detox
- Sugar detox (If you didn’t catch on those are the dates of Lent) Bye bye white sugar and bye bye cholesterol. I’m taking both out for Lent. Yeah, I know, I’ll break my Lenten pledge here and there but like a good little human I’ll jump back on the horse and move forward.
Finally – April
- Evaluation of where we stand financially
- Evaluation of items needed for spring
So there – I shared my detox with you and now that means I have to be accountable!
Linked up over at Johannah’s blog!